Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tiny Scarf Ornament




Well, this is the first pattern that I created that I actually finished. It super easy and really yarn weight and needle size doesn't matter. Knit with what your comfortable with. But I will state what I used as a refrence. :-)

Materials:

Medium/worsted weight yarn
2 Size US 6 / 4mm needles
Yarn needle


CO8 sts with Colour1
Work in Stockingette (K 1 row, Purl 1 row) Stitch until colour measures aprox. 3/4 - 1 inch (This was about 4 to 5 rows for me)
Switch to Colour2 and work in Stockingette for another 3/4-1inch and switch colours again.
Work in pattern until scarf measures about 10 inches long.
Bind off and weave in ends.

Attach tassles by folding a bit of yarn in half, thread the two end into a yarn needle, leaving the loop sticking up enough to feed the two end through. Pull to tighten.
I unraveled the two yarn ends to make the tassles look fuller.

Fold Scarf in the manner you prefer and sew together. I made sure that 2 red sections were together and sewed it using red yarn, so it wasn't visible.

Making the ornament loop hangy thingy..... I have to idea what it would be called. The little loop thing that hangs the ornament off the tree. Ornament loop, I suppose?

Anyway, This is how you make it. Well, how I made it.

I braided together three strands of red yarn, knotting only one end. After braided, thread the non-knotted end into the needle and attach to ornament.

Yay! You made a tiny Scarf ornament!

No comments:

Post a Comment